Wednesday 15 April 2015

Reflection on my Presentation

Although I have rehearsed a few times at home before the actual presentation, I still did not overcome my nervousness when I presented in class on Monday. I have a problem of looking at my script too much when I was presenting.  I do not feel confident enough to present without a script because I always tend to get overly nervous during the actual presentation even if I had memorized my content beforehand and blank out.  I also focus on my slides too much that instead of me being the center of focus, my slides captured the audience attention more. To improve on my presentation skills, I feel that I have to engage the audience more.  I could use storytelling or emotional appeal to deliver my content to the audience. In this way, I will be able to capture their attention and also the audiences will remember the main points of my presentation better. I find that this presentation component is useful as I can learn from my mistakes and also learn from my classmates. I enjoyed the presentation given by my classmates. I can improve on my presentation skills with the feedback given by my tutor and classmates thought this exercise. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Valerie! Overall, you presented your essay points quite fluently! You organized and surfaced your points well, such that it was easy for us to follow through your presentation. Although we could notice that you were a bit nervous, you did not let your guard down and you recovered smoothly. Thus, we applaud you for that! There are areas for improvement though; the class and I noted that you could engage the audience a bit better through emotional and personal appeal :-)\

    Good luck for finals and your future endeavours!

    ReplyDelete